A lot of us end up taking our oral health for granted and end up skipping out on a lot of important steps. For instance, none of us brushes our teeth after every meal, and to make it worse, a lot of us even end up skipping brushing our teeth before going to sleep as well. Similarly, the only time most of us end up flossing is when our dentist does it for us. Speaking of the dentist, we tend to avoid ours like the plague, unless we run into a tooth-related problem that forces us to go to them.
Poor oral health accounts for a lot of diseases, and can even worsen the symptoms of diabetes and other cardiovascular issues. If we continue neglecting our oral health, it can end up damaging our teeth, and in the worst-case scenario, lead to problems like tooth decay which will involve getting a root canal, or worse, getting the tooth removed, and once you remove a permanent tooth, you will end up having to get dental implants which is expensive and painful. In order to learn more about teeth care and the basics of oral health, you can check out an Essortment article about teeth care which will break down everything in much simpler terms for you to understand.
So, in order to make sure that your oral health is not compromised, you will have to:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day every single day.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to remove foreign particles stuck between your teeth.
- Visit your dentist after every 6 months for a regular checkup.
- Avoid excessively sweet foods like toffees, chocolates, caramels, and sugary drinks, especially at night.
- Go to your dentist immediately in case you feel any sort of pain or discomfort in your teeth or gums.